Saturday, July 9, 2011

Apricot Berry Upside Down Cake

Who doesn't like upside down cake?  I am sure those people are out there, but not me!  I think it is fun, pretty and fairly easy too.  Have you ever made an upside down cake?  Here are the steps I took to make my upside down cake last night, and not only was it GORGEOUS, but it was delicious too.

1-- Pour 1/4 cup melted butter into the bottom of a 12 inch circular cake pan.
2-- Sprinkle a few tablespoons of brown sugar over the bottom of the pan and mix the two together.
3-- Cut 4 apricots in half, removing their pits and arranging them in the bottom of the pan.
4-- Arrange a handful of berries (I used boysenberries, but raspberries or blackberries would be excellent) around the apricots


5-- Gently pour your favorite cake batter over the top. (For my purposes, I used a white cake mix and added vanilla to the batter.
6-- Bake until the toothpick comes out clean.


7-- Flip onto a plate, and allow to cool.
8-- Slice with a sharp knife and serve.  I served this one with a vanilla bean whipped cream.




Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Char, you need to come visit me :D I never do anything this fun on my own! I totally want to now though!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment; I really like reading them. Oh, and if you haven't already, I'd love it if you would subscribe too!