Tuesday, June 14, 2011

White vs Original

I like using Balsamic vinegar in my food.  It is tangy, sweet, rich and just plain fabulous.  I have used it to glaze carrots in conjunction with maple syrup.  It is awesome on dates that have been wrapped in bacon and stuffed with blue cheese.  And of course, who hasn't dipped bread in balsamic and olive oil or dressed salad with it?

But have you tried white balsamic?  A little more mild, clear, and tangy and deeply flavored just the same.  White balsamic is now a staple in our cupboard and is just as versatile as it's darker cousin.  In fact, recently, while making possetts with blood oranges and kumquats instead of meyer lemons, it was a fantastic acid to add to the mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment; I really like reading them. Oh, and if you haven't already, I'd love it if you would subscribe too!