Saturday, June 11, 2011

Chocolate Chip and Cherry Cookies

I made these delicious chocolate chip cookies tonight.  We have used this recipe often, and for these cookies I just tweaked it a bit by adding dried cherries.  With the amount I added, you get a tart twinge of cherry about every third bite or so. Delicious.

 Ingredients:

1/2 lb butter, 1 and 1/2 cup sugar, 1 cup pressed brown sugar, 1/2 cup shortening

4 eggs, 1 tsp vanilla, 1 tsp lemon juice

3 cups flour, 2 tsp baking soda, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 cup oatmeal, 16-24 oz semi sweet chocolate chips to taste, 3/4 c chopped dried tart cherries




Preheat the oven to 325. 


Cream the first four ingredients for a minimum of 10 minutes.  Add the eggs, lemon and vanilla and mix.

Add the dry ingredients and mix briefly.  Add the chocolate, oats and cherries and fold in.

Bake cookies for 15-17 minutes. (I love using stoneware).

Enjoy warm or cooled, especially with a glass of milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment; I really like reading them. Oh, and if you haven't already, I'd love it if you would subscribe too!