Saturday, June 11, 2011

Rustic Flat-bread Breakfast Sandwiches

Some people have this silly idea that I make everything from scratch all the time.

Nope.  Doesn't happen.  I don't think so.

I mean, really; I am a mom and a teacher.  I couldn't do everything from scratch all the time.

So here follows an example of a breakfast I made this morning using some convenient, pre-cooked foods in what might be slightly different applications.

We had refrigerated herbed pizza dough in the fridge, so I grilled it on the stove top.  I ended up slicing it horizontally because as it rose, it got a bit too thick.


Then I sliced up some leeks and harvested the rest of the chicken from one of those rotisserie chickens from the deli department that we had left over.  While sausage or bacon would have been yummy, the chicken was what we had.


Then I put some shredded cheese on my grilled flat bread,


fried an egg over easy with salt and pepper (gotta love the built in sauce).


I loaded it all onto the sandwich and finished with more grilled flat-bread.


What a yummy breakfast!


Oh, and Penelope had to have coffee this morning, (warm milk with a splash of my coffee) so I thought I'd share the picture of my two year old drinking coffee:





Have you done anything different with pre-made foods lately?  Or what is your favorite off the beaten track breakfast?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment; I really like reading them. Oh, and if you haven't already, I'd love it if you would subscribe too!