Saturday, May 22, 2010

Breakfast

I love breakfast.

No, see, I REALLY love breakfast.

It really is one of my favorite things to cook.

Pancakes, eggs, corned beef hash, biscuits, hash browns, breakfast meat.  Sounds pretty regular I guess, but maybe that is the problem most people have with breakfast.  I don't do "regular breakfast."  Maybe that is a bit of a stretch, because I do regular breakfast, but get me to the weekend, or a morning with extra time, and this lady loves to have fun with her morning food.

And let me tell you, I do not use pancake or biscuit mixes.  Nope, not me.  Give me flour, butter, eggs and buttermilk any time.

This morning, I made boysenberry biscuit cobbler. It was tart and mildly sweet with perfectly browned homemade buttermilk biscuits floating on top, soaking in that bright purpley magenta juice.  Delicious.

This last week I made corned beef hash from scratch.  That stuff that most restaurants serve straight out of the can... blech!

I have been enjoying making all kinds of fritattas and Spanish omelets too.  Round up potatoes, onion, leftover veggies, whatever good cheese is in the house and some egg, cook and flip or bake and viola! Yumminess that can be enjoyed all day long.

Ah, breakfast, how I do love thee!

1 comment:

  1. I want to see some pictures posted. No pressure, but I love your food and I love to look at it.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment; I really like reading them. Oh, and if you haven't already, I'd love it if you would subscribe too!