Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Non-pizza

Okay, not really.  It is actually naan pizza I want to talk about today.  And by the way, I won't take all credit; I heard about it through the grapevine.

My favorite store, Trader Joe's sells this really excellent frozen naan.  If you want a really great and really easy dinner option, this is your ticket.  Paired with Indian curries or eaten with hummus, it will make a great dinner any night... but, drum roll please, it also makes awesome pizza!

Lay your frozen pieces of garlic naan out on a counter, add pesto or tomato sauce or garlic and oil, and then add your favorite toppings.  Bake for about 7-10 minutes on 400, and viola, delicious pizza is yours.  If you are tired of the same old toppings, here are a few suggestions:

Goat cheese, asparagus tips, and smoked salmon

A fine grating of Parmesan cheese, sun dried tomatoes and spinach leaves

Feta Cheese, kalamata olives and artichoke hearts.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to try it sometime, maybe next week. I love their Naan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We tried it, and the boys got to put their own toppings on. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment; I really like reading them. Oh, and if you haven't already, I'd love it if you would subscribe too!